Wednesday 18 March 2020

Desktop Decisions Part 1: Brands

Now, many people come up to me and ask me what specs they should look for when they are looking for a new computer.  So, I figure this and the following posts would help in your search of a new computer.

The first thing you do before you even look at any models is choosing a brand.  Now, I am not endorsed by any company; this is all just one mans humble opinion.  That being said, I would recommend getting an HP (know sometimes referred to as HP Compaq).  In my experience, they make a very good machine for a good price.  Now, Im writing this post for the person looking for your everyday, run-of-the-mill home computer that has decent capabilites.

Many people ask me why HP and why not Dell.  Well, from my experience, Dell makes decent machines, but they tend to malfunction very quickly.  My roommmate bought a Dell XPS laptop during the summer to use for college.  Before school even started, he had to have it repaired.  Now, I did not know him before college, so I do not know how he treated the computer.  But, he had to call Dell customer service multiple times throughout the year.  Now, dont get me wrong, the Dell service was outstanding they overnighted any parts that needed to be replaced on the computer.  However, having to replace parts in the first place is a bit of a hassle.  That is the reason why I recommend getting an HP.  Their products are good, their prices are good, and from my understanding, the service is good.  So, why not go with HP?

No comments:

Post a Comment